The Infrastructure Architect will:
• Design the current state Infrastructure Architecture based on interviews and workshops with operations teams
• Engage IT and service providers to assess the deployment and configuration of IT application infrastructure projects to meet confidentiality, availability and data integrity needs
• Engage stakeholders to assess business requirements and their translation into application infrastructure design and services to meet the intended availability, capacity, resiliency, security and continuity requirements
• Understand the different project initiatives, maintenance contracts and the associated cost
• Designing cloud infrastructure architecture and sizing considerations
• Design the Target State Infrastructure Architecture that is in compliance with IM8 and the organisation’s IT Policies and Standards
Provide recommendations in the roadmap to move progressively from current state to future state
Experience and skills
As an Infrastructure Architect, you need to have:
• Degree or Diploma in IT, computer or related disciplines
• Minimum 5 years of working experience as an Infrastructure Architect
• Experience with GPC and GCC a plus
• Ability to take a broad, strategic perspective as well as drill down to understand challenges
• Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
• Results and customer-oriented mindset
• Team player with strong organization and people handling skills
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to pitch ideas and influence stakeholders
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
• Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments.
• Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell).
• Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet.
• TOGAF and/or ITIL certification preferred
EA Reg no: R1876472 & EA License no: 11C4684
Company Reg No.: 201131609D