- Permanent, Full time
- Full time
Our client is one of Asia's leading Quantitative Hedge Funds competing on the global stage across multiple exchanges. Their industry leading in-house technology is what separates them from their competition. We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who will be accountable for the support of storage infrastructure systems to meet technical and business requirements.
- Support and help engineer massively scalable, highly-performance, cutting-edge storage and compute infrastructure for a high performance cloud
- Provide feedback experiences and knowledge of production environments to wider team to aid in the effort to automate the environment.
- Pilot/Test critical emerging infrastructure technology to enhance the business’ competitive advantages.
- Exercise thought leadership and innovation in the resolution of current technical/infrastructural challenges, as well as in the creation of long-term technical roadmaps.
- Collaborate with other technology groups to provide technical, operational and innovative expertise.
- Serve as first level of support for production issues. Feed such problems back into platform design & willingness to be available for out of business hours to support the business (nights/weekends).
- A passion for technology and automation, deep sense of curiosity and willingness to always question
- Be an analytical thinker with exceptional problem solving abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of focused experience in production engineering/site reliability engineering
- Proven experience testing and deploying large-scale solutions to a production environment
- Hands on experience with NIS, DFS and AD concepts.
- Experience administering systems like Netapp (C-mode, SnapVault etc), GPFS and/or Avere
- Experience / knowledge / interest in of one or more distributed file/storage systems (GFS, CEPH, Lustre, NFS, Bittorrent, *FS, Octopus, Crail)
- Experience with capacity planning, storage monitoring and best practices relating to support of storage systems
- Solid programming and scripting skills desired - BASH and Python specifically
- A passion for in-depth understanding of technology, and building large-scale systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.