- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
Infrastructure Technical Specialist
Infrastructure Technical Specialist
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18074992
- This role is to provide Level 3 support mainly for Red Hat Linux, IBM AIX and ORACLE Solaris based Unix systems
The GCG CIS Server Platform is part of GCG Core Infrastructure Services Support. The team covers both Build the Bank (BTB) and Run the Bank (RTB) activities and work closely with other Core Infrastructure teams to deliver a professional service offering to Consumer businesses across ASPAC region.
- Management of IBM AIX, Oracle Solaris, Red Hat Linux and HPUX comprising LPARs, LDOMs, VMs, ZONES, CONTAINERS, Veritas Volume Manager, ZFS File management.
- Level 3 support for high critical business applications.
- Support hardware through management of VIO, CONTROL DOMAINS, System Controllers and Blade Enclosures.
- Exposure to Configuration management tools like Chef and Puppet.
- Capacity management of system resources for all platforms.
- Performance management of UNIX systems
- Handle L2 escalated breakfix and change requests
- Co-ordination of system level changes, patching, upgrades.
- Commissioning of new x86 Hardware and Virtual Machines, firmware upgrades.
- Support for key initiatives such as Infrastructure build-out's
- Physical validation of the hardware placement against the virtual configuration
- Core hours of cover are Mon-Fri 8am-6pm on a rota basis with 24/7 on-call escalation
- Management of Weekend Upgrades
- The role may include some overseas travel
- Customer facing role for CTI with CATE, CMBIS & Consumer
- COB Co-ordination for the STE and/or high critical application LDOMS, VMs.
- Responsibility for Documentation, covering PCM, General TASKS, and Support for RCSA environments
- Ensure Virtualized Environments and SOLARIS based virtual resources comply with CITI security standards
- Working with global teams on global standards and configuration to build "Best In Class" standards
- Management of San configuration
- CO-ordination of Application, and Project handover and rollout
- Responsible to take ownership and drive multiple challenging tasks assignment across all CTI ASPAC Datacenter teams Perform proper prioritization and evaluation of business requirements prioritizing according to the order of Franchise Critical, Gold, Silver, and Bronze applications. Assist to maintain the entity's risk and compliance posture, understanding the operational aspects of providing database administration services while considering the company, the region, and the entity's compliance requirements as committed to internal and external regulators.
- Participate in global server initiatives, meetings and projects Ensure that products used for the delivery of solutions are supported by the Global Engineering entity.
- Knowledge of HP x86 based systems, ORACLE hardware, Txxx E25K series. LDOM, ZONES, CONTAINERS, VMs virtualization SOLARIS server Administration Experience of customer support in a time-critical environment Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving Experience of working in a heavily controls-focused environment highly desirable
- Advanced level experience in a Technology Infrastructure role with extensive experience in business, functional and people management
- Senior level experience in a Technology Infrastructure role with commensurate people management experience
- Extensive experience working within a Data Centre environment, preferably with some experience of managing a major environmental upgrade / build within the facility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- The ability to command respect and influence others to maximise their contribution and support of large Projects and new implementations.
- Business aware and focused on service delivery. Ability to implement Processes and Procedures creating controls and standardization across large regions. Knowledgeable in IT operations and corresponding ticketing and change management systems such as ResolveIT, Service Now. Knowledge of risk and control processes such as RCSA, MCA, and corresponding tools such as Catalyst.
- Level 3 knowledge of the Linux operating systems and associated tools
- Knowledge of the virtualization techniques on ORACLE servers
- Knowledge of the virtualization techniques on Linux servers (VMware etc) Knowledge of ORACLE SOLARIS, x86 Linux virtual technologies
- Understanding of supporting servers in an EMC storage environment
- Standard office automation products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Has a basic understanding of the Global Consumer business, able to provide solutions to cater to business needs.
- Able to perform troubleshooting, root cause analysis and analyze incident patterns to prevent re-occurrence and maintain/improve service availability
- Able to communicate and articulate in lay man's term.
- Ability to effectively lead without authority, leveraging on virtual teams to get the job done
- Bachelor degree in computer science or other related along with equivalent work experience.
- Self Driven, Practice Self Leadership, and able to adapt to the organization's sudden business demands.
- Team Co-ordination (Work co-ordination of team members day-to-day operational support activities, key sector projects and initiatives, mentoring of less experienced team members)
- Able to coordinate with multiple technology teams, customers, application support, and vendors. Cooperate/collaborate with application support, CTI streams, and external vendors in order to resolve database issues in support of the end to end service
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- An accomplished solution provider and problem-solver, fixing problems using an analytical approach
- A well-organised person, capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record working under pressure, and working on concurrent tasks.
- Strong customer and colleague communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to remain calm and objective in a high-pressure environment
- Must have strong self-management and be ready to use own initiative
- Must be a strong team-player and collaborator
- Create and develop a collaborative team atmosphere
- Taking responsibility for getting things done, overcoming obstacles or challenges
- Making sure that work is done correctly and completely, and that there is follow-through
- Anticipating potential problems and acting to minimize the impact they may have on the project or unit
- Management of different skill sets maximizing productivity
- Resource utilization and distribution