Instrument Reference Data Operations Analyst
- Not Specified
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Contract, Full time
- Randstad Sourceright Singapore
- 29 Jun 18 2018-06-29
Join an American MNC, which provides Private Banking, Asset Management, Treasury & Security Services, Private Wealth Management services and is one of the largest banks in the United States with a history dating back over 200 years. American multinational banking and financial services holding company
Join an American MNC, which provides Private Banking, Asset Management, Treasury & Security Services, Private Wealth Management services and is one of the largest banks in the United States with a history dating back over 200 years. American multinational banking and financial services holding company with almost 240,000 employees in 60 countries
- Involved in Instrument Reference Data (IRD) Operations, responsible for creating, maintaining and investigating reference data across the firm’s strategic instrument reference data platform and various legacy applications acting as guardians of that data and responding to request and queries from the users
- Create new instruments for various Equities, Fixed Income and Equity Derivatives products in Reference Data system
- Update / modify assets based on internal client initiated changes (Middle Office, Trade support, Settlements) or Corporate Actions.
- Regular maintenance of securities that require coupon, rate fixing and / or factor updates on a daily basis from sources like Bloomberg, Reuters etc.
- Perform research through Bloomberg and Reuters to find missing or additional information required to complete set up or maintenance.
- Participate / Coordinate in special projects such as; data clean up, process improvement analysis, metrics reporting
- Plan and prioritize all projects handled by the team.
- Monitor rejects Queue and clears them on a timely basis. Ensuring Checklist, Metrics and EOD activities are completed and signed off.
- Ensuring timely updating/review of SOPs, Issue Logs and Project tracker.
- Handling and monitoring issue and query mails and escalating issues promptly to the Team Leader
- Relationship Management and a proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through
- Bachelor degree in Banking & Finance or any other equivalent qualifications
- At least 1 year of relevant Operations experience within the Banking & Financial services sector
- Knowledge of external reference data providers – Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.
- Knowledge of handling various related instrument reference data, middle office functions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multitask effectively
- Attention to details and focus on quality and controlled environment
- Proficient in MS Office Application (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Flexible work approach, willing to operate within a standard shift environment (Potential early and late shift starts – one hour apart)
- Availability to work on some Public Holidays when required. (Off in lieu will be provided for work done during Public Holidays.)
- Strong interests and commitment toward longer term employment
EA License: 94C3609
Reg No: R1110438