Internal Audit Manager/Senior Auditor
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
As the Internal Audit Manager / Senior Auditor at Schroders, you will be part of a global function led by the Head of Group Internal Audit. The function is responsible for all internal audit activities for the Group.
The function has recently taken on additional responsibility for the delivery of aspects of the Group’s thematic compliance monitoring programme, with particular emphasis on global thematic monitoring assignments. The team has a high profile and the work undertaken is complex and often time pressured, and will in many cases have significant impact upon ongoing activities within the Group.
This role incorporates both internal audit and compliance monitoring activity, with projects (whether audits or monitoring reviews) being allocated to staff by the function’s senior management team. For the initial phase, you will support the function in carrying out its additional compliance monitoring duties. In addition, this role has a regional remit where you will be required to travel up to 30-40% of your time within the region.
This role will require a good working knowledge of global thematic compliance monitoring as it applies to asset management firms. You will take a lead role in the planning and delivery of all aspects of internal audit and compliance monitoring assignments, including reporting. As well as internal audits and thematic compliance monitoring reviews, where required, you will undertake investigations, thematic reviews and special projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and scheduling of work with the business.
- Performing risk-based internal audit and compliance monitoring reviews (and, where required, investigations, thematic reviews and special projects) from end-to-end including planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- When undertaking internal audit and, in particular, compliance monitoring reviews, ensuring relevant aspects of the regulatory environment applicable to each area of the business is considered.
- Managing external consultants working as part of the team (when applicable).
- Ensuring the quality of work completed and outputs produced, including adherence to the relevant professional standards.
- Keeping your line manager informed of progress and any impacts on the originally agreed time budget deadlines.
- Managing the tracking of issues and actions arising from internal audit and compliance monitoring work.
- Maintaining relationships with key managers in the business.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience and preferably in an established asset management business
- Open to candidates from non-industry specific sectors such as Big 4 or banks but with minimum experience of 8 years or more.
- Good working knowledge of the regulatory environment applicable to the asset management industry
- Experience of identifying and reporting control and regulatory issues in the context of an asset management function.
- Excellent communication skills including report writing capabilities.
- Experience dealing with senior management.
- Outgoing personality, self-motivated and delivery focussed.
- Able to commit to 30%-40% of business travel within the region.