Investment Accounting VP
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page , EA Licence No: 98C5473
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
The successful candidate will be assigned as the Financial Lead for the Singapore Fund Affiliate office covering the Singapore investment holding platform and also the wider APAC region for SPV accounting and operations.
Our client is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $100 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017. The firm has over 900 employees and offices in 18 cities worldwide.
- Assist with the implementation of a new Singapore based investment platform that will be used as the primary investment holding platform for investments in the APAC region
- Manage the accounting and administration function across all the limited partnership structures and Section 13x/R SPV's in our local Singapore based investment platform and all our SPV's across the APAC region
- Serve on the board of directors of SPV's across the APAC region as and when required
- Manage the accounting and operations of the local service company set up to provide administration of the Singapore platform
- Work closely with and oversee the work carried out by external service providers who will complete the local accounting, legal, tax advisory and compliance and company secretarial work on our Singapore platform and across the APAC region
- Assist with the setting up of new investment structures for any new deals ensuring that they are operational in advance of deal completion and with cash repatriation during the life of investment and upon exit
- Manage the local annual audit and quarterly accounting compliance process, dealing directly with external audit firms across all our asset classes (Real Estate, Distressed Debt, Aviation, Loan Origination) incorporating all SPV's to ensure all statutory accounting deliverables are achieved within the defined deadlines covering annual audits and management accounting reporting across all our SPV's. Review audited annual and interim financial statements (including workings) in accordance with relevant accounting standards and the relevant regulatory disclosure requirements. Provide accounting solutions to ensure a smooth audit process to close
- Develop procedures and controls tailored for the Singapore platform that meet local requirements, are consistent with policies and leverage best practices from other similar SPV operations.
- Bring experience from past roles and leverage those relationships to develop practices in Singapore and APAC.
- Ensure that all books and records are maintained and up to date for all SPV's in the Singapore investment platform and for the region
- Maintain SPV bank accounts ensuring that robust controls and procedures are in place
- Maintain, develop and grow key relationships with our service providers and external asset advisors
- Lead weekly conference calls and monitor progress of the financial statement preparation by the service providers
- Keep log of accounting and administration issues encountered and report regularly to direct and senior management any issues and areas for improvement
- Ensure that all inter-company balances are reconciled on a quarterly basis
- Monitor key ratios (e.g. debt to equity ratio's)
- Identifying and implementing improvements in systems and processes surrounding all the above areas
- Oversee regulatory filing submissions to the MAS
- Perform other duties as required from time to time
- 8+ years post qualification experience preferably working on PE / Investment Management related clients
- Professional accounting qualification preferably from a Big 4 accounting firm background
- Excellent knowledge of current local accounting standards
- Experience in delivering financial statements within defined deadlines
- Strong experience in Singapore LPs and 13 x/R investment platforms and SPV's including redemption of preference share funding and tracking of investments across funds
- English essential. Knowledge of spoken Mandarin is required and other key APAC languages are an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of APAC tax practices in general and the Singapore tax regime (including GST) in particular would be an advantage.
Above the market remuneration with a long standing premier private equity fund with long term growth potential in APAC region and high visibility to the management board.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Gavin Teo (Lic No: R1328332) on +65 6416 9835