Investment Portfolio Analyst, US Real Estate Investment Manager
Our client is a large US real estate investment management firm with over USD 20 billion in asset under management. Part of the business expansion plan, our client is looking to hire high caliber Investment Portfolio Analyst to join the newly set up outfit in Singapore, responsible for APAC activities.
Core functions and responsibilities:
Reporting locally to the Director of Finance, the role will undertake but not limited to the following responsibilities in:
- Conducting in-depth analyses on APAC portfolio companies covering, but not limited to: business strategy, operational efficiency and competitiveness, market performance, and industry attractiveness.
- Preparing and analyzing financial reports such as development expenses, operational costs, chargebacks and profits.
- Preparing revenue and expenditure cycle reports, lease abstracts, cash basis income statements and other budget-related items for real estate portfolio companies.
- Identifying value creation opportunities in portfolio companies such as: operational improvements, balance sheet restructuring, strategy refocusing, and corporate restructuring.
- Assisting in the deal evaluation process within APAC in terms of ground research of targets, building and maintaining financial models.
Skills & Experience Required;
- The suitable candidate will have at least a Degree in Accountancy, ideally with a CPA/ CA qualification and at least 4 years of progressive finance responsibilities, preferably from a real estate fund background.
- You should be a team player who thrives in a complex environment, has demonstrated strong financial concepts via a FP&A background with an interest to take on additional investment evaluation duties.
- Given that this is a relatively new set up of an established firm, you also should be prepared for a hands on approach with strong communication skills both written and spoken as there will be opportunities for interaction with HQ in the US.
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 16S8069
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.