Investment Strategy Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As part of the continued growth and globalization of our investment platform, we are seeking to hire an Investment Strategy Analyst to join our Investment Strategy group. This role will be based in Singapore.
The Investment Strategy group manages approximately $32 billion of client assets across a range of Multi-Asset, Thematic, Absolute Return, Income and Unconstrained portfolios. The Thematic platform manages single and multi-themed investment strategies designed to capture structural drivers of economic development. Within this team, the Investment Strategy Analyst will be responsible for selecting securities for individual themes within a well-defined process, managing thematic allocations within multi-themed portfolios and monitoring risk across the team's portfolios.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leveraging a systematic process to select securities from a thematic universe to construct high integrity exposure
- Combining themes into multi-themed portfolios utilizing a contribution to risk framework
- Monitoring overall risk levels in portfolio and recommending rebalances when benefits of realignment outweigh the cost to trade
- Analyzing characteristics of individual companies to assess the ability to translate themes into investable exposures;
- Work across team to leverage technology in order to build a scalable platform
- Participating in the strong investment culture of the team and the firm;
- Contributing to strong investment results on behalf of clients.
The ideal candidate is likely to have:
- Strong academic credentials;
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in the equity or quantitative investing space with a focus on data analysis, portfolio construction, risk management and portfolio optimization
- Demonstrated agility and experience working with data and processes in a highly effective manner
- Proven ability to distil and synthesize information efficiently and to thrive in a multi-faceted, fast paced environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Knowledge of Python a plus
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for research, markets and intersection of data and investment risk management
- Working responsibly and independently without supervision as part of a highly collaborative team where respectful debate is encouraged to best deliver client outcomes
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature;
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential traits, as are versatility and creative problem solving
- Humility, natural curiosity and an excellent sense of humor
Investment Strategy Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .