Junior Investment Operations Associate
- 43K + Bonus
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Cambridge Associates Asia Pte Ltd
- 21 Jun 18 2018-06-21
We are hiring for a Junior Investment Operations Associate to join the Manager Information Group (MIG) department in our Singapore office.
Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm. We work with non-profit institutions, pension plans, and private clients to build investment portfolios that help them meet their philanthropic goals, pensioners’ obligations, or personal endeavors. Our goal is to meet clients wherever they are in the investment process. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world-class digital research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients.
Our clients trust the experience, leadership, and integrity of our investment professionals. We have a global team of outstanding investment advisors and an extensive research platform to support them. With more than 1,200 employees in eleven locations around the globe, we are constantly looking to discover new ideas for our clients’ portfolios. This extensive network helps us to identify and access the best global investment opportunities all over the world.
The Manager Information Group (MIG) is tasked with centralizing all investment manager data collection processes across each C|A’s global office. MIG serves as a liaison between investment management firms and C|A’s internal departments to capture data efficiently and improve the accessibility of information throughout the firm. Through the organization and ownership of various internal proprietary applications and databases, the department supports C|A’s global investment advisory practice through all stages of the investment process. This includes fully servicing needs for our research, due diligence, advisory, and performance reporting personnel.
The 2 core functional teams that comprise MIG in Singapore are the Hedge-Fund/Long-Only Manager Data Team and the Private Investments Manager Data Team. We’ll be hiring staff for the Private Investments Manager Data Team. Junior Associates will gain exposure to a variety of investment vehicles such as private equity, venture capital, and hard assets in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Candidates with limited finance experience are encouraged to apply.
• Exposure to a robust data platform expanding across both public and private asset classes
• An onboarding program that acclimates new team members to the firm and job responsibilities
• Opportunity to stretch professional abilities through junior-level leadership roles and teams including: professional development, recruiting, and finance knowledge
• Opportunity to become involved in colleague to colleague training and knowledge-sharing sessions
• Support and sponsorship for professional designations such as CFA, CAIA, CIPM, etc
• Sponsored community service activities
• Serve as the principal data contact for C|A relationships with investment managers located in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East
• Cultivate a deep understanding of investment firms and their reporting practices in order to efficiently and effectively track the required data with the highest level of precision and accuracy
• Proactively communicate with investment management firms to collect, extract, and enter investment data into our proprietary databases for internal analyses
• Field data requests from internal staff with the highest degree of customer service and professionalism
• Develop an understanding of the various C|A departments and facilitate communication between multiple relevant parties
• Work on initiatives in coordination with colleagues from global offices to meet stakeholder needs and to improve MIG’s core functionalities
• Serve stakeholder queries as a subject matter expert on fund intricacies and tracking methodologies
• Consistently re-evaluate internal processes to detect inefficiencies and identify new best practices to help MIG evolve and succeed as a best-in-class organization
• Perform additional duties and engage in projects as necessary in the evolution of the teams and department
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects/clients simultaneously while ensuring timeliness and accuracy
• Strong attention to details and proficiency in reconciling data across multiple sources
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to interact efficiently with a wide range of managers and colleagues across different cultures, time zones and geographic regions
• Ability to adopt a proactive, customer-service oriented approach at work
• Ability to work independently and collectively as part of a team
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
• Knowledge of financial statements would be preferred
• Bachelor’s degree (all majors are welcome)
• Up to 2 years of work experience