BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
The KYC Specialist provides expert advice to Front Office in all KYC matters, and partner Front Office in the KYC review process, from the beginning of client onboarding and for client review. In addition, he/she works closely with Group Compliance on specific AML/KYC policy and procedures as well as client risk profiling related matters.
The KYC specialist is a key actor maintaining the quality and efficiency of reviews and account opening a central workflow closely followed by the Top Management.
The KYC team reports to Business Risk Management Unit and functions as the Compliance Expert for the Front Office. Responsibilities
• Ensure speedy process of client reviews and onboarding
• Advise Front Office on the onboarding requirement in accordance to Bank's AML/KYC standards and regulatory requirement, and partner with Front Office to meet the requirement
• Review and corroborate KYC information submitted by RM, perform an independent review and risk rate customer in accordance to regulatory requirement as well as Group AML/CFT policy and procedures
• Follow up with Front Office (RM & ARM) and other stakeholders on KYC related matters and for
• Assess and ensure the relevance and completeness of KYC information supplied by Front Office and perform appropriate due diligence checks and information searches to comply with bank standards of client onboarding
• Highlight deficiencies, suspicious AML or other non-compliance issues to relevant parties and management
• Prepare reports for management reporting to facilitate relevant reviews and strengthen the control
procedures and process
• Train the Front Office on client documentation and KYC related subjects Requirements
• Bachelor Degree with at least 4-5 years of working experience in KYC/AML areas, risk or controls
functions, preferably in Private Banking
• Familiar with regulatory requirements pertaining to KYC / AML
• Certifications in AML such as Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or International
Association Diploma in Anti Money Laundering would be an advantage
• Ability to be client centric while balancing business needs and controls
• Excellent interpersonal skills to manage relationships with Front Office stakeholders
• An efficient solutions provider with strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Positive working attitude and analytical skills are essential for this position
• Team Player, Proactive, hands on solutions oriented and meticulous