LNG Analyst/Senior LNG Analyst
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
LNG Analyst/Senior LNG Analyst
The Team: S&P Global Platts is seeking an experienced Senior LNG Analyst for its LNG analytics team. This exciting position has the daily responsibility of analyzing commodity data and creation of relevant market content. The analyst will be responsible for supporting and working with the Analytics team in the creation of actionable intelligence for our clients to make informed trading/risk management and investment decisions. You will be part of the LNG Analytics Global team. Fast paced, with ever expanding ways of delivering important content and analytics to our clients.
The Impact: The analyst will collect economic, fundamental and financial information specific to a commodity market or organization in Asia-pacific, will conduct market sector or statistical analysis and will interpret key market data elements into useful business information. They will look to leverage their educational knowledge when performing analysis on data sets that will require knowledge of Excel and, if not already possessed, learning basic SQL. Analysis will be articulated through written and presentation formats.
What's in it for you: You will be placed on a challenging, steep learning curve in terms of not only deepening subject matter expertise in LNG and natural gas and power, but also in competing/complementary markets, such as shipping, coal, oil and renewables. This position provides numerous opportunities to showcase your presentation abilities and thought leadership that could lead to continued growth within the organization and S&P Global's companies. There will also be opportunity to present to clients at various conferences around the region as well as in-person.
• Collects economic and financial information specific to a commodity market or organization assigned, conducts market sector or statistical analysis and interprets key market data elements into useful business information.
• Leverages broad scope of knowledge when performing analysis on data sets.
• Performs analysis and modeling including developing quantitative/analytic/statistical models.
• Conducts research including identifying data, data input, and performs statistical analysis of results and creates and maintains databases, forecasting models and market reports.
• Prepares presentations and engages directly with clients to present analysis.
• Responds to client requests/inquiries for data and analysis.
What We're Looking For
- Minimum BA/BS in Mathematics, the Sciences, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Business, and/or related field of study preferred. Equivalent experience within their discipline also considered.
- 2-6 years' of experience in natural gas/oil/LNG/power/energy industry, detailed demonstrable experience of natural gas and LNG fundamentals in a country or region within Asia-Pacific will be instrumental
- Understanding of the LNG Market and fundamentals.
- Mandarin (oral and written) knowledge is preferred, due to the need to cover China's market
- Displays well-rounded communication skills that implement good listening techniques, clear, concise writing style and good verbal skills. Able to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally. Strong presentation skills are preferable.
- Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the needs of a diverse team.
- Displays good numeracy including ability to conceptualize proportional relationships; understand the basic principles of algebra and statistics; as well as a basic understanding of how to apply basic maths functions in Excel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Office.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines. Able to adjust priorities throughout the day.
- Persistent with a natural curiosity about energy market fundamentals and technical details. Good grasp of energy market dynamics.Strong database and/or modeling skills.Econometrics or stats background preferable.
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law .