We have a current opportunity for an LNG Market Analyst with a Commodity trading business.
* Responsible for gathering intelligence and conducting extensive research and analysis, with a focus on daily/short-term markets, on global trends and outlook in LNG and related markets ("Market Analysis");
* Provide the Market Analysis through reports, presentations and briefings to the business;
* Work closely with the global business to serve as a point of contact for gathering market intelligence, and provide appropriate Market Analysis for the development and implementation of procurement/sales strategies and marketing plans;
* Seek and deliver continuous improvement and innovation in analytical approaches and methodologies;
* Build and maintain relationships with market participants to develop market intelligence;
* Support for designing and developing the LNG trade optimization model/system;
* Provide support to Front office trading team when needed and/or take on special projects/studies
The Ideal Candidate
* At least 5 years of experience in macro-economic analysis, energy trading industry and/or fundamental analysis of LNG market.
* Deep understanding of the global energy markets (LNG, Crude, Products, Gas, Coal, Carbon, Power and renewables in Asia Pacific and Atlantic)
* Strong written and verbal communication, influencing, and presentation skills
* Modelling skills for Fuel demand and supply forecast will be an added advantage
* Detailed, well organized with excellent time management skills