- Contract, Full time
- OCBC Bank
Lead Data Analyst, Group Data Management Office (Contract)
Lead Data Analyst, Group Data Management Office (Contract)As part of the GDMO data management/analytics team, this role entails working closely with business and IT stakeholders for the successful implementation of data governance and data quality solution.
As a lead data analyst, successful candidate is expected to
- Gather and document user requirements (UR) in an efficient manner (for data governance, data quality and reference data management)
- Involve in the design and development phase of the project via clarifications of UR, and where applicable, assess impact on UR resulting from workarounds due to technical constraints
- Prepare the data quality (DQ) rules and monitor the implementation
- Prepare test cases and perform user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Prepare necessary documentation following OCBC's template (e.g., for implemented DQ rules or UAT)
- Provide periodic updates to the supervisor about project challenges/issues/status.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- At least 5 years of experience in the information technology domain and has bachelor degree in Information technology, Computer science or Data analytics discipline.
- Experience in data warehouse and ETL development, programing (Oracle PL/SQL, Teradata BTEQ etc) or BI tools (such as Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos, etc). In particular, prior experience in Qlikview reports/dashboard development will be viewed favourably
- Experience in the software development life cycle (SDLC) and able to work closely with IT for project delivery
- Good knowledge in RDBMS and able to write complex SQL for data extraction
- Good communication (both spoken and written) and documentation/presentation skills
- Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills are essential
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
This is for a 1 year contract position.