Lead Machine Learning Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities where data can be used to drive business solutions.
- Support the evaluation of various Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence solutions and make recommendations.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Develop testing frameworks to assess model quality and accuracy.
- Develop model delivery framework supporting all required operational and regulatory controls
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
- Support agile teams in coming up with innovate solution design around the use of data Artificial Intelligence platforms no matter how large or small the problem
- Contribute to and Ensure adherence to overall platform architecture and direction
- Ensure teams follow and contribute to the development of robust DevOps practices like continuous integration, code scanning, automated testing, configuration management, release management, blue-green deployment, online collaboration, cloud hosting, and system monitoring with respect to AI/ML platforms.
- Responsible for implementing Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines within AI/ML platforms by working with Credit Origination Development team and SCB Enterprise DevOps team.
- Knowledge of the C3 AI/ML Platform and technologies
- Strong experience in agile methodologies and test-driven development.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of using statistical languages (Python, R, SQL, etc) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques and concepts (clustering, decision tree learning, Neural Networks, etc)
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.).
- Knowledge of visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders.
- We're looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master's or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C, C++, Java,
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, Amazon S3, Spark, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience with GUI frameworks like React, Angular, SWING etc
- Strong knowledge in CI/CD toolset such as Ansible, Artifactory, Jenkins, BitBucket, SonarQube, Fortify, Flyway, Jira and Confluence.
- Strong knowledge in automated testing toolset such as jUnit, Mockito, cucumber, Selenium etc.
- Strong knowledge in scripting languages such as Groovy and Linux shell.
- Knowledge in Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse and Intelli.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment.
- Highly effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to make good / sound decisions and use independent judgement.
- Strong reasoning, analytical and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies
- Good track record of communicating effectively with both business and IT staff at all levels.
- Experience in promoting DevOps culture among developers and testers.
- Good presentation skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .