Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA! You will collaborate with business units to foster a positive compliance and governance culture through effective compliance awareness, engagement, advisory and preventive programs so as to manage and mitigate regulatory, compliance and reputational risks.
- Provide compliance advisory to internal stakeholders on new regulatory developments/updates.
- Oversee the company wide Regulatory Compliance registers (MAS, FAA, SFA, CPF, LIA Guidelines, Insurance Act related regulations etc.).
- Conduct risk assessment and gap analysis on key compliance risks, new regulatory initiatives and requirements. Engage stakeholders and facilitate the implementation of process and controls to mitigate regulatory and compliance risks.
- Provide support to liaise with Key Regulators, and industry associations. E.g. MAS, CPFB, LIA, etc. and ensure that their requests and queries are promptly seen to.
- Review and provide adequate challenge to the Business on responses to Regulators to ensure the Company’s responses are accurate, consistent and of good quality.
- Assist to organise regular engagement sessions with MAS to ensure Regulators are kept sufficiently abreast of any major Company developments and updates on key Company initiatives.
- Assist to oversee and organise MAS Inspections on Company operations and ensure they are well-coordinated. Issues are promptly escalated to key Management where appropriate.
- Manage relevant risks and issues that impact on a Companywide level, ensure appropriate mitigating measures are in place, Company’s risk rating with Regulators is well managed.
Projects & Tasks
- Develop and deliver the required presentation materials promptly to ensure that presentations/trainings are delivered on schedule to the relevant stakeholders.
- Coach and mentor fellow colleagues via on-the-job training in order to develop and nurture new/ junior colleagues, increase their competencies and improve overall team performance and engagement.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor in order to meet operational and/or other requirements.
- Bachelor Degree background with at least 5 years’ compliance experience in insurance or financial services industry.
- At least 5 years of working experience in financial industry, preferably in the insurance industry doing compliance–related work. Sound knowledge of the insurance industry, particular in the area of regulatory/industry requirements, e.g. FAA, MAS regulations (Notice/Guideline/Circulars), Insurance Act, LIA guidelines, PDPA.
- Experience dealing with Regulators will be added advantage.
- Insurance qualifications e.g. CMFAS M5, M8, M9, M9A, Health Insurance will be an added advantage
- Compliance-related certifications preferred e.g. Diploma in Compliance, Associate of ACI etc. will be an added advantage
- A team player with strong project management, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
- Good influencing and relationship management skills
- Conflict management skills
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.