Lead Site Reliability Engineer - Singapore
MSCI's line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking. MSCI's Common Platform is the foundation for several mission critical investment solutions including BarraOne, Barra Portfolio Manager and MSCI Beon. Several strategic initiatives are in progress: next-gen CI/CD pipeline framework, cloud migration strategy, and the release of MSCI's new strategic platform. MSCI is launching a dedicated SaaS environment for a strategic customer and is creating a new team to handle all technical aspects of this Azure hosted Risk and Performance analytics platform.
Scope of Responsibility
The candidate will spearhead a small new team responsible for all aspects of release, monitoring design and implementation, operational architecture and ultimately responsible for the availability and performance of the platform. You will partner with development, QA and business teams as part of the Agile Release Train ensuring sustained value delivery with high availability and performance. You will be hands-on, you will participate in the overall design, implementation and operation of a next-gen CI/CD pipeline, you will be a proactive owner of the holistic solution and end user experience.
Technologies involved in the value chain: Linux, Scala, Redis, Azul JVM, Jenkins
• You will be responsible for availability, performance, monitoring, incident response and resolution for our strategic Financial Analytics Platform.
• Drive incident management process and support a blameless post-mortem culture
• Partner with development teams to improve services via rigorous testing and release procedures
• Balance feature development velocity and reliability by constructing well-defined SLOs
• Scale systems sustainably by integrating resilience and high availability at all levels
• Identify areas for automation and innovation in technology, process and operations
• Actively identify incidents and as necessary manage the incident resolution process to provide service recovery and manage client communications and expectations in respect to incident resolution
• Identify opportunities for optimizing system performance through changes in configuration or suggestions for development.
• Liaise with application developers, business leaders and product owners providing feedback and recommendations on application architecture and operations
• Participate in projects evaluating new technologies, cloud migrations, product pilots and more.
• Weekend on-call shift required on a rotational basis Specific Knowledge/Skills
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or other similar concentration or equivalent experience that involves programming
• Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Java, Scala, Python
• 7+ years' experience in release management, application management or development
• Excellent Unix/Linux Administration
• Excellent Scripting skills
• Proven Network/Application troubleshooting
• Apache/Tomcat/Web Services/JMS experience
• Experience working in a global, remotely distributed team
• Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting and analytical skills required
• Ability to self-manage and work independently and within a team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience or interest in Finance a plus Desired Experience
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.