Lead Software Engineer - Android
Xfers believes in financial inclusion. We abstract away regulatory and compliance responsibilities, making it easy for Fintech and digital businesses to accept payments, store and disburse funds.
In Singapore, we are a Widely Accepted Stored Value Facility alongside only 4 other companies, namely Capitaland, Ezlink, Cashcard, and NETS.
In Indonesia, we are a registered payments gateway licensee. We work closely with regulators to ensure that our services are compliant.
This is an opportunity to be a part of something truly unique and game-changing in the Southeast Asian Fintech space. About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Android Engineer with deep experience on Android to join our A+ technical team in designing and building a well-crafted application for our customers.
You will lead our android team and work with product, design, and other teams to deliver a world-class (no less) android experience for our users.
For this role, we are looking for high potential individuals on a high growth trajectory that are able to demonstrably lead a small team but has the potential to grow with us as we scale
What we are looking out for
- You manage complexity well, able to break down complex solutions into clear, understandable chunks
- You are an emergent leader. You step up to leadership but also step back and support when others have a better direction
- You are humble and egoless about your work. You seek help often, share credit and are great at receiving and delivering feedback
- You are always learning, questioning the status-quo, gathering knowledge and looking to improve
- You are responsible. Other team members can fully trust that you can execute on your tasks
- You are a great communicator and work exceptionally well with others
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience (preferred)
- at least 3 - 5 years of relevant engineering experience
- Expert in Android ( Java or Kotlin )
- Experience with at least one MVC framework, Ruby on Rails experience is preferred.
- Experience with at least one relational databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas