The Investment Services Team is a central team within Investment, reporting to the Investment COO and with a global remit. The Broker Management team provides support to all investment teams in the Schroders Asset Management Business, aiming to ensure succinct operational processes are maintained whist enabling business growth, contributing to data improvements, managing risk and simplifying business process.
Overview of Role
- Liaise with other departments/entities to build and develop good working relationship between Broker Management and its internal/external stakeholders.
- Manage end to end process for counterparty onboarding
- Work with Schroders London counterpart for global trading options
- Engage external counterparties for account setup in relation to various investment instruments including equities, bonds, forex, exchange traded & over the counter derivative trading setup.
- Ensuring accounts are opened timely to support investment needs
- Reviewing account opening documents, service level agreements and other on-boarding documentation from an operational perspective
- Ensuring counterparty adherence to Schroders requirements relating to account set up
- Oversight of counterparty service provision to the Investment Operation functions.
- Coordinate on the Brokers’ KPIs and arrange for counterparty reviews
- Benchmark top tier counterparties
- Coordinate counterparty survey responses
- Conduct/ coordinate regular review of documentation like operating memorandum, service level agreements
- Establish and assess the team’s procedures to improve efficiency and controls.
- Good experience in on-boarding related processes.
- The ability to establish strong relationships with internal and external business parties
- Can work on own initiative and under pressure, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Able to work collaboratively across teams, to tight deadlines and provide regular progress updates
- Motivated and enthusiastic - focused on continuous improvement, quality and delivery
- Effective written and verbal skills