Legal Counsel (Contract)
- Oct 21, 2021
- S$10-14k pm
My client, a well reputed international bank is looking for a Legal Counsel to support the Senior Legal Directors and Head of Legal for the APAC region.
Morgan Mckinley is working in partnership with a leading international bank on a 6 months contract (convertible to permanent) to support their APAC legal department. This is a good inhouse opportunity for someone who is currently working in a bank and looking for wider exposure or someone from a law firm and looking to go inhouse.
The incumbent is responsible to contribute to the overall success of the Legal Department in Asia Pac and work with a lean team of 3 senior legal counsels. This will involve working with Directors of the APAC Legal team, as well as the Head of Legal, Asia Pacific.
- Support APAC Senior Lawyers regarding the delivery of legal services including services of external counsel, across required disciplines, including corporate, commercial, banking, securities regulation, technology and the internet, intellectual property, marketing, tax, and litigation
- Provide legal advice and regulatory research to supervisory officers, and line management, and assist them in obtaining appropriate advice, with respect to Asia Pac regulatory issues, as directed by APAC Senior Lawyers
- Liaise with business leads and internal and external resources with subject matter expertise to achieve business objectives, provide transaction structuring advice, minimize exposure to legal liability, and ensure business requirements are met, as may be directed by APAC Senior Lawyers
- Support APAC Senior Lawyers regarding the negotiation and drafting of major agreements, including license arrangements, strategic alliances, service agreements, networking, and other commercial arrangements
- Provide legal advice or coordinate obtaining legal advice on other business mattes as may be directed by APAC Senior Lawyers
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you would have the following skills & qualifications:
- Graduate of a recognized law school.
- Member in good standing of Law Society of England & Wales or other internationally recognized jurisdiction.
- Solid background in banking/finance and/or securities regulated environment.
- 5 - 10 years practicing law in a corporate/law firm setting
If you're interested in this role, please send your updated CV (word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1770166
Registration Name: Suhani Malhotra
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as a notification that you have not been shortlisted.