As the Legal Counsel on contract, you will be part of the Schroders’ Southeast Asian Compliance, Legal and Governance (CLG) team (as well as the wider APAC CLG team) that handles a wide variety of matters primarily in connection with the firm’s Southeast Asian businesses and the APAC infrastructure hub (Trading, Trade Processing, IT, Finance and Tax Services).
What you’ll do
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements with external vendors/outsourcing partners, such as engagement letters, subscription agreements, IT contracts and other legal documentation in connection with the APAC infrastructure hub.
- Draft and review intra-group agreements between group affiliates, such as delegation agreements and service level agreements.
- Assist the team in the preparation (drafting/review) of fund-related documentation and intermediary agreements in connection with the firm’s Southeast Asian businesses.
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements with trading counterparties, such as non-disclosure agreements and trading documentation.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Qualified as a lawyer in Singapore
- At least 10 years PQE and has worked in a major law firm or financial institution
- Corporate commercial background, experience in IP / IT contracts
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Familiar with the Singapore outsourcing framework
- Experience in data protection, privacy and intellectual property matters
What you’ll be like
- Excellent drafting, negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- High level of awareness of the commercial implications of legal issues
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as in a team to achieve common business goals
- Ability to explain relatively complex concepts in a clear and concise manner