Linux Engineer with Devops
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Singapore
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
Linux Engineer with Devops
This is NOT a traditional Linux Sys Admin opportunity. The team functions along a DevOps methodology and controls all hardware and operating system configuration, as well as solves different Linux engineering, architecture, and operate problems.
This person in this role will interact with many technology groups across the bank, such as application development, application operate, QR, and global technology infrastructure teams. The individual will work on technology that runs Commodities, FX, Rates, Credit and Equities trading businesses.
The role supports the client's strategic proprietary technology stack, as well as a set of integrated opensource products and tools. The individual will learn and apply knowledge toward automating all aspects of the technology footprint.
- Respond and resolve UNIX/Linux support requests and issues.
- Monitor infrastructure using provided monitoring tools.
- Provide Onsite weekday and weekend support in relation to a follow the sun support model.
- Escalate issues to vendor support / provide root cause / incident reports.
- Participate in Project / BAU / AdHoc tasks.
- Work closely with related infrastructure and application groups.
- Manage production support issues from start to finish. Including; troubleshooting, providing short and long term solutions and root cause analysis.
- Tools development and improvement
- Learning and facilitating new technologies
- Kafka/ Cassandra preferred
- Strong knowledge of Dev Ops, Linux Administration, Application Support, Service Delivery and Client management
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to staff and other business partners to promote operational excellence.
- Champion continuous process improvement, performance management, and metrics-driven results.
- 8+ years in system administration supporting RedHat Enterprise Linux in a large-scale (1500+ servers) highly available environment.
- Experience with HP DL and DELL hardware models
- Good working knowledge or experience in networking concepts & technologies (Solarflare, Mellanox a plus). Familiarity with switches, routers, firewalls (a plus)
- Must be knowledgeable in use of Fibre Attached Storage, Multipathing, Linux LVM. Including, setup, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Must have strong knowledge in supporting the infrastructure for application, database (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, Postgres, Vertica) and web servers (Apache).
- Low latency performance tuning experience
- Previous experience with open source tools (a plus)
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and well rounded in infrastructure technologies.
- Must be fluent in performance troubleshooting.
- Must be able to work with little guidance.
- Must possess coding skills (Python, bash, Perl, Korn Shell, awk, sed).
- Document processes and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Financial industry background (a plus).
- RHEL6 / RHEL7
- HP / DELL hardware
- NAS / SAN
- Monitoring tools: Nagios, Geneos, Tivoli, Ganglia
- CFEngine, puppet
- CVS / SVN / Git
- SMTP, NIS, DNS, NFS, LDAP, SSH, PAM
- Cobbler / Koan / Kickstart
- strace / tcpdump / bonding
- RHCT / RHCE / RHCA / RHSS
- IBM Symphony
- Vertica / Postgres / MySQL
If interested please send in your updated cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA License No: 11C5502
EAP Name: Anchal Bali
Registration No: R1324747