MES Application Engineer
Job Description: Responsibilities:
- Design application deployments and upgrades in the customer environment.
- Adhere to the customer's processes and standards.
- Plan and execute application deployments, upgrades, and data migrations.
- Being able to drive discussions with the customer and stakeholders to solve issues.
- Provide input to project managers and architects for SOW.
- Technical leader role in supporting applications running in the customer environment adhering to ITIL standards.
- MES Simatic IT (Siemens) is required.
- Previous experience in managing applications using IIS and MS SQL 2008/2012 is required.
- IBM MQ Series middleware.
- Development Experience in C#, PowerShell, and SQL scripting are highly beneficial.
- Able to work 24 x 7 support; on-call to solve critical issues on production systems during non-office hours on a rotational basis.
- A working understanding of infrastructure elements, such as virtualization, networking, firewalls, and storage.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to look at the bigger picture and resolve issues.
- Experienced in Microsoft technologies.
- Previous experience in manufacturing/shop-floor related application management is welcome.
- Knowledge of MES, IBM MQ, Oracle Universal Content Management is beneficial.
- Able to work in autonomy but also able to sync up with other support/project teams based in the UK and Singapore.