MGR, Trade Support Ops (Derivatives), Global Market Operations Centre
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
MGR, Trade Support Ops (Derivatives), Global Market Operations CentreJob description:
This role reports to the Trade Support Ops Team Lead, in Global Markets Operations Centre under Derivatives Department assisting in day to day processing and oversight of Derivatives products / Markets products and their trade life cycle management requirements and processes with valid support model is always in place and that the appropriate documentation is kept up to date for Head Office and Overseas branches and subsidiaries. This will include FX Forward, NDF, FX Options, Interest Rate Swaps, Cross Currency Swaps, Swaptions, Equity Derivatives Option, Commodities Option, Special Corporate Actions etc. and Head Office regulatory Trade Reporting submission.
Providing support of daily BAU
- Manage all market products their trade life cycle management requirement and processes.
- Review and monitor end of day control check from completeness stand point. This will include system booked products in GMP, manual booked products in GMP Proxy versus manual spreadsheet and WSS for overseas.
- Ensure barrier monitoring is completed and any escalation to Front Office is follow up ASAP and closed properly.
- Identify issues and co-ordinate with relevant divisions internally (e.g. Front Office, Product Control, BMS, MRM etc.) for prompt resolution on disputed points ASAP.
- Advising on Operational issues and concerns arising from workflow processing review for new market products / new business requirement.
- Participate in relevant industry initiatives and developments for Trade Reporting (e.g. ISDA conference call, DTCC meeting etc.)
- Review and submit weekly, bi-weekly and monthly statistics including volume cap to management
- Investigate on irregularities noted and escalate to Team Lead and Department Head
Customer Service Management
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints (both internal and external client), and operational issues brought to the team's attention
- Proactively support and partner with Global Markets to deliver quality service that exceeds customers' expectations
- Establishing close working relationship and networks at all levels, with multiple stakeholders including Front Office, Product Control, Risk, to drive a common understanding of shared goals, priorities and alignment across the business requirement.
- Recognized Degree or Diploma in any one or a combination of these specializations - Banking / Finance / Accountancy / Computing.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in an Operations environment within a financial institution, preferably in derivatives and structured products.
- Candidates are required to be proficient in Derivatives and Markets products and their Trade Life Cycle management requirements and processes like Knock In/Knock Out/Exercise, End of Day (EOD) key controls and Market / Industries practice etc.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong analytical.
- Ability to multi-task, identify priority issues and excellent execution style.
- Process improvement experience.
- Possess strong communication and analytical skills
- Highly driven and able to work under pressure