Manager/AVP - Credit Portfolio Management Officer
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 21 Nov 17
Manager/AVP - Credit Portfolio Management OfficerRole Highlights :
This position resides in the Group Credit Policy and Portfolio Management and reports to the Head, Credit Portfolio Management. As part of this team, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing risk and reward through pro-active and dynamic credit portfolio analytics; supporting credit policy formulation and strategies development over acquisitions, portfolio activities (including but not limited to authorizations, credit line management and cross-sell programs) and collections.
Role Description :
The role is accountable for the development and maintenance of strategies designed to meet portfolio goals, designing score cut-offs, credit line management and the execution of routines to monitor a full spectrum of process and performance MIS.
The individual is required to work closely with the Credit Policy, Business/Products, Finance and Operations functions to develop and deploy logic for managing credit policy and strategy for both PFS Secured and Unsecured businesses.
- Developing, testing, and optimizing credit policies/strategies including full accountability for implementation of those policies and processes
- Manage risk levels for the entire credit spectrum across multiple products consistent with program financial objectives
- Apply an excellent working knowledge of consumer risk analytics which include scoring and segmentation techniques and their use
- Tracking and reporting of initiatives and reporting performance results, emerging trends and opportunities to senior management on a timely basis
- Developing and maintaining the data infrastructure to support initiatives
- Research customer and/or management queries using risk systems and data
- Support ad-hoc risk policy analysis and projects as required
- Ensure regulatory compliance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong business and data analytics skills with proven track record of complex processes and data analyses/deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and dealing effectively with demanding business partners
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal an written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact successfully with business partners, operations, technology and finance teams
- Strong planning, coordination and organization skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional organization
- Good project management
- 5+ years experience with credit policy analytics and development, preferably on unsecured portfolios and experience in using and maintaining Decision Engines
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline or business. Master's degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of SAS programming including macro and SQL