- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 04 Nov 17
Manager - Tool Engineering EDM
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
To Maintain and Support IBM CDC Tool for the Enterprise Data Management Platform.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Design, Deliver and support IBM CDC implementations for EDM data sourcing program. Act as the SME in EDM team when it comes to IBM CDC implementations. From a longer-term perspective, the candidate is expected to take larger responsibilities in onboarding, engineering and delivery of new generation tools as part of the EDM tool engineering team. It is also expected that the candidate has good understanding of EDM platform that includes Hadoop and Teradata and associated ecosystem for taking up bigger roles in the organization.
This role also requires management capability to lead a team of CDC technical specialists spanning across Singapore, Malaysia and India. Project management Skills around Project planning, tracking, management updates, presentation, etc are required as well.
From domain perspective, the candidate should have good appreciation of the banking domain and associated technologies.
It is expected that the candidate has good interpersonal and organizational skills as well.
Qualifications and Skills
- 8 to 15 years of data management/DWH experience in Bank or other financial institution
- Knowledge in IBM CDC and ability to deploy and support CDC for bank wide data sourcing project.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-country work environment
- Ability to liaise with multiple stake holders at different capacity that includes software vendor, internal development teams, data centers across Asia and Europe, in-country tech organizations, change and release management team, infrastructure team, Production support, information security organization, etc
- Strong people skills for effective stakeholder management, especially managing senior stakeholders
- Experience with core project tracking tools like JIRA, Clarity and MS Project
- Understands technology and how it is applied to business problems.
- Strong knowledge of purpose and intention of developed solutions.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and willingness to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi task and balance the demands of various parties
- Strong and clear oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management.
- Has Initiative, creativity and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at various levels of the organization
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.