This role will functionally report to a Section Head, Group internal Audit. You will be responsible to support the Section Head, Group Internal Audit, in the planning, organizing and executing of audits for the Great Eastern Group of Companies that are assigned to you.
- Ensure coverage of checks for compliance relevant regulatory requirements and corporate policies, identify weaknesses in control design and operating effectiveness, and make appropriate recommendations to address issues identified;
- Independently head the planning for each audit assignment, including more complex audits, to ensure performance of audit assignments, quality of reports and timeliness of deliverables;
- Develop audit plans and programs. Ensure that these documents are up-to-date and suitable to the current operating environment of the auditee;
- Oversee the audit team’s execution of the audits assigned to ensure adequate audit coverage, and timely reporting of findings, risks and recommendations for auditee’s response and finalisation of report for review by Section Head and Singapore Chief Internal Auditor;
- Manage or participate in other ad-hoc assignments including special projects and investigations;
- Manage the follow-up with auditees on outstanding audit findings through the issuance of Audit Tracking Report and verification of resolved findings;
- Ensure that audit operating standards and procedures are observed, and requirements of the Quality Assurance Review are met; and
- Assist in the administration of Group Audit and ensure effective and efficient usage of the Department’s resources.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business, preference will be given to those with CPA certification;
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of the insurance sector will be an added advantage;
- Strong report writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Independent and a good team player;
- Committed, and is able to interact well with levels of staff;
- Proficient in oral and written English; and
- Able to travel overseas when required.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.