1) To be responsible for Group closing and reporting activities, including statutory reporting:-
a) Prepare and monitor Group closing timelines and activities
b) Perform and review monthly closing of subsidiary accounts and reconciliations
c) Prepare consolidation journal entries as well as prepare monthly consolidated financials
d) Prepare quarterly materials for Audit Committee and Board meetings
e) Prepare half-yearly consolidated financial statements and liaise with external auditor during the annual audit process
f) Prepare financial schedules to support Group reporting
2) To be responsible for reporting to head office:-
a) Collate and review submissions from subsidiaries
b) Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting pack to Head Office
c) Address queries from Head Office with regards to the reporting pack
3) To be responsible for regulatory reporting:-
a) Prepare monthly Group Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR)
b) Collate and review submissions from subsidiaries
c) Prepare and submit quarterly reports and address queries from regulators
4) To be responsible for other Group activities:-
a) To assess the impact and implement changes arising from new financial reporting standards (SFRS(I)) and regulations (Insurance Act or Banking Act) on statutory, head office and regulatory reporting
b) To perform annual review of Group Accounting policies, guidelines and procedures and draft new policies, guidelines and procedures where required
c) To assist in roll-out of Group financial policies, procedures and controls to subsidiaries and ensure compliance
d) To participate in ad-hoc projects or assignments as and when required
• Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
• Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
• Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
• Degree or Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent professional qualifications.
• 4 to 5 years of relevant working experience, with experience in Big 4 audit firms. Good knowledge of Singapore Financial Reporting Standards (International) and experience in the insurance industry would be an advantage.
• Able to work independently and under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines. Working on weekends or public holidays to meet deadlines would be required.
• Self-motivated and committed
• Strong analytical and numerical skills, meticulous and detailed
• Strong team player with good communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
• Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.