- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 10 Jan 18
Manager, CIC Model Validation, Group Model Validation
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Manager, CIC Model Validation, Group Model ValidationJob Description
Standard Chartered Bank is currently seeking a Manager to join the Group Model Validation department. The Group Model Validation department handles the assessment of models, servicing a wide range of activities across the Bank, including credit risk, market risk, economic capital, stress testing and other financial & statistical models. This role is for the position of Manager within the CIC Validation team, focussing on evaluation of credit risk models and other models used for wholesale banking. The role is Singapore based with Global / SCB group wide responsibilities.
For the right candidate the role offers a unique opportunity to further expand skills and knowledge across all risk types in the world's fastest growing markets, particularly in Asia. It opens up significant long term career opportunities in a variety of risk management areas, with a focus on the global regulatory environment and risk governance - areas that are likely to grow considerably in the next decade. The role offers the opportunity to join a very diverse and highly competent team of analytics professionals and increase knowledge of the global regulatory environment and risk governance.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
You will work on a variety of data management, model and capital validation and governance assignments and adopt a pro-active business engagement strategy with responsibilities for the development and maintenance of a robust model risk measurement and reporting system, which will assist with the identification and management of emerging portfolio trends and regulatory issues.
* Independent evaluation of risk models including PD, LDG and EAD as initiation to the CIC validation process and data structure.
* Leading in IFRS 9 methodology reviews
* Assessment and approval of new IFRS 9 developments and/or changes to existing models and related risk data and infrastructure
* Assist with the delivery of the validation plan, ensuring timely identification of issues and projects are completed to the required standard
* Qualitative review of model development process including underlying assumptions & theoretical basis, ensuring the models reflect the way in which the portfolios are managed
* Quantitative assessment of model performance via data evaluation and statistical testing
* Coordination with internal stakeholders on model issues, achieving suitable resolutions
* Documentation of findings and communication of results / justifications to senior management
* Support our countries with direct interaction with regulators globally, focussing on Korea, China, HK, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, India, UAE and the UK
Qualifications & Skills
* At least graduate level qualifications in statistics, econometrics, mathematics or a related quant field.
* Experience in credit risk analytics, developing or validating credit risk models across Retail, SME or Wholesale products
* Proficient in statistical and data analysis using data management software including SAS, SQL, Excel
* Exposure to the practical application of the Basel 2 regulatory framework, including PD, LGD, EAD models and capital estimates
* Team leadership and supervisory experience, with strong project management skills - ability to lead multiple projects
* Ability to understand and interpret regulatory requirements and explain such interpretation to stakeholders and senior management.
* Knowledge of Credit Decision Systems and associated Data and IT infrastructure, including data management and data quality control
* Effective presentation and business engagement skills at senior executive level.
* Strong focus on quality control and attention to detail.
* Curious, with ability experience of speaking up and challenging perceived wisdom
* Excellent understanding of a wholesale credit business
* Post graduate qualifications in statistics, econometrics, mathematics or related quant field (MSc, PhD)
* Understanding of the regulatory (PRA/FSS/HKMA) environment and experience in dealing with regulators on complex technical issues will be highly regarded
* Exposure to developing and automating risk MIS / model performance monitoring
* Understanding of Portfolio/Capital and Market Risk models and tools would be highly regarded
* Advanced VBA or other programming skills