Manager, Data Engineer, UOBAM
Posting Date: 18-Feb-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: UOB Asset Management Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department UOB Asset Management
is a leading Asian asset manager with award-winning investment expertise in fixed income and equities. Headquartered in Singapore, we offer global investment management expertise to individuals, institutions and corporations from a regional network spanning Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Japan and beyond. Our comprehensive product suite includes innovative solutions covering retail unit trusts, exchange-traded funds and customised portfolio management services. Job Responsibilities
- Identify data automation opportunities, and either work with IT to implement technology solutions or develop scripts to enable the delivery of data for POC purpose and quick prototyping needs.
- Drive data automation for Data Management, Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics.
- Lead data infrastructure projects such as data lake, data warehousing and data hub applications.
- Identify new sources of data that drives competitive advantage for the firm.
- Partner with data governance to identify data quality issues and propose improvement opportunities.
- Partner with external data providers and downstream applications to improve flow of data.
- Educate data stewards and power users within each business units on data automaton technical skills.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in Computer Science / Finance (or equivalent) with minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in Asset Management and 10 years in business analysis and business intelligence areas.
- Highly experience in data automation scripts PHP, PERL, R, Python and SQL.
- Highly experience in batch and real time data processing with good working knowledge in EAI and ETL.
- Highly experience in data warehousing and business intelligence concepts.
- Clear communicator in emails to stakeholders and able to communicate with confidence with business analysts and developers and stakeholders
- Creative thinking in problem-solving, and appreciates details with ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Sense of ownership with can-do attitude
- Independent worker with excellent time management and good organisational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-centric environment
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.