Manager, Enterprise Stress Test Review and Challenge
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Support the independent review of Credit portfolio stress testing including Wholesale, Retail, Counterparty, Private Banking and Structured Finance.
- Review end-to-end stress testing processes including methodologies, assumptions, model outputs, judgmental overlays and documentation.
- Evaluate the development, validation, implementation and ongoing use of credit stress testing models, providing value-added insights, feedback and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Reverse engineer models to quantify drivers of credit stress test outputs.
- Actively participate in the judgemental quantification of stress projections, performing research and providing justification for conclusions.
- Form opinions on the intuitiveness of stress testing results to identify potential weaknesses and areas for judgmental overrides of model outputs in real time during stress test production.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the enterprise stress testing process, especially within Group Risk and the business.
- Keep up-to-date on regulatory requirements and ensure that regulator's feedback is being addressed.
- Lead and participate in projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Prior involvement in ICAAP and/or stress testing across retail and wholesale credit risk.
- Ability to understand technical model development documents. Model development experience is desirable.
- Advanced understanding of IFRS 9 as well as the IRB framework.
- Excellent inter-personal skills; comfortable in building relationships at senior levels and across teams, with outstanding written and oral communication skills , including the ability to write clearly and concisely, summarising complex issues for a less technical audience.
- Confident self-motivated person with a high level of drive and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree in quantitative discipline (e.g. Finance, Statistics, Engineering) is desirable.
- Experience in Bank of England stress testing exercises a plus.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .