- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 22 Sep 17
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
To assist in the administration and coordination of the Bank's Speaking Up programme to minimise financial losses, reputational and regulatory risks, operational risk events involving criminal conduct, dishonesty or deliberate breaches of policies or regulations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the Speaking Up Channels and provide guidance to central team associates with tagging and classification of allegations
- Maintain relationships with inTouch - an independent external vendor appointed by the Bank to host its confidential reporting website to support the Speaking Up programme. Ensuring relevant senior management are well appraised of any issues
- Manage queries and other reporting requirements related to the Speaking Up programme
- Manage the Operational Risk Framework for SIS, including performing regular Control Sample Tests for all investigations and reporting results to Compliance and Operational Risk
- Manage the case management system (EIM) for SIS - user access rights, confidentiality, system issues
- Provide MI related support to the SIS Analytics team
- Conduct and assist in investigations as directed ensuring that the investigations are in line with the Group standards
- Engage and manage stakeholders to ensure that appropriate senior management are kept informed of relevant investigative developments
- Sound relationship management of other functions within the Bank to ensure the effective and efficient use of investigative resources
- Sound understanding of the Whistleblowing Rules introduced by FCA and PRA
- Sound understanding of the Speaking Up Policy and Procedures
- Familiar with the internal escalation protocols in relation to the following;
- Deferred Prosecution Agreement
- Identify-Communicate-Escalate in relation to U.S. Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Possible circumvention attempts of U.S. Sanctions
- Anti Bribery and Corruption escalation procedures
- Escalation and management of Significant Regulatory Investigations
- Insurable Operational Risk - Notification of Insurance Claims
- Reputational Risk Management - Corporate Affairs Reference Manual
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years investigative, risk and control or conduct experience. Excellent communication skills with ability to practice diplomacy, empathy and sensitivity when required.
- Previous regulatory experience or financial services industry
- English language and writing skills
- Sound working knowledge of MS Office suite particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Sound judgment, with an inquisitive mind and ability to show independence not taking outcomes at face value
- Excellent collaborative and team playing skills with experience of working in a geographically dispersed team
- A 'can-do attitude', willingness to get stuck in, in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Experience of working in a matrixed organisation with an inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions.
- Must possess ability to assess risk, strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Degree or relevant experience
- CFE or like accreditation
- Sound knowledge of banking systems
- Understanding of the key features of regulations that affect the Group
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.