Manager, Model Validation
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
PURPOSE: To assist in ensuring that valuation model risk is controlled and monitored effectively and that the governance processes run efficiently, coordinating between the various stakeholders represented at the Valuation Model Assessment Committee (VMAC) and executing quantitative controls.
To assist in ensuring that valuation model risk is controlled and monitored effectively and that the governance processes run efficiently, coordinating between the various stakeholders represented at the Valuation Model Assessment Committee (VMAC) and executing quantitative controls.
· Assist in ensuring that the governance processes for valuation models comply with regulations and best practice.
· Assist in ensuring that the control processes for valuation models reflect best practice and can be executed efficiently.
· Assist in ensuring that the valuation model population is adequately monitored and the regularly updated to reflect VMAC meeting outcomes. To regularly review and check consistency in the model population.
· Assist in ensuring that the VMAC processes are executed effectively and efficiently. Organise and run the VMAC committee meetings and follow up with relevant documentation to all stakeholders.
· Assist in verifying that the control processes for valuation models operate adequately.
· Assist in ensuring that valuation model monitoring processes are executed effectively and efficiently.
People and Talent
· To engage and work in collaboration with all relevant partners.
· To build a relationship with senior stakeholders and engage with them to assist in delivering documents to required VMAC standard.
· Assist in delivering projects which access valuation of model risk across the bank.
· To communicate within the team and act quickly when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent. To assist in ensuring they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated to VMRM Head.
· Assist in ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
· Assist in embedding the Group's values and code of conduct in the Valuation Model Risk Management team to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
· Regional and Asset Class Heads, Quantitative Model Risk
· Team Heads of Quant Analytics
· MTCR Asset Class Heads
· Asset Class Heads, Valuation Control
· Head, Valuation Control Methodology
Embed Here for Good and Group's brand and values in the Quantitative Model Control team.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Market Knowledge: Quantitative, programming and risk management experience. A general cross asset- class experience is desirable with basics in programming skills to assist in data analysis.
Business Strategy and Model: Awareness and understanding of the firm's business strategy and model it appropriately as it impacts the Valuation Model Risk Management team.
Risk Management and Control: Ability to understand, review and monitoring model risk. To be able to read and asses risk reports.
Governance, Oversight and Controls: to be aware and have an understanding of governance, oversight and control principles. Good interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Awareness of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates.
Non-technical skills: Ability to understand complex matters and discuss within the team, in order to contribute.