- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 06 Dec 17
Manager, Performance Management (Contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
- To provide accurate and quality management and financial information to business stakeholders to support management for the formulation and review of business plans and strategies
- Scope of work to include Standard Chartered Bank ("SCB") Branch, SCB (Singapore) Limited and governance oversight of all SCB subsidiaries in Singapore.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To collaborate with local and Group Business / Country Finance colleagues in providing quality management information and commentaries for reports presented to senior management as other stakeholders, e.g. EXCO, CFO Board paper, OB reporting for regional office, MAS segment report.
- To provide market intelligence on key competitors' performance and highlight any changes in the competitive landscape
- To provide guidance and assistance to GFS MR team in the monthly reporting process for SCBSL and regional office to ensure compliance to Group policies stated in the Management Accounting manuals
- To co-ordinate the process for preparing, validating, consolidating and analyzing quarterly forecasts and annual budget to support strategic aspirations of SCBSL
- To review monthly cost reports prepared for the regional CEO office.
- To ensure regular and ad-hoc management reporting requirements from stakeholders (e.g. Group Finance, CMG, other support functions) are met.
- To ensure integrity of the management numbers through keeping regular track of the financial and management differences and the validity.
- To provide the required support to other country finance teams on various regular or ad-hoc submissions (e.g. IWST, ICAAP, capital projections).
- To ensure that required financial and other key control checks are well maintained and assessed when required.
- To update and review on an annual basis PM DOIs.
Qualifications and Skills
- A chartered accountant with at least 7 years practical experience in management reporting for banks
- Prior experience with setting up base infrastructure for reporting and proven track record of creating presentations for senior stakeholders
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is dd/mm/yyyy. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.