- Up to GBP1.0 per annum
- Contract, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 12 Mar 18
Manager, Product Control - Direct Contract
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Up to GBP1.0 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
We are currently looking for a Manager to lead the analysis and implementation of a unique asset structure across multiple products and multiple jurisdictions.Introduction
Leading the way in International Banking. With more than 86,000 employees in 68 countries, and a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets, Standard Chartered is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India. See our history
We are currently looking for a Manager to lead the analysis and implementation of a unique asset structure across multiple products and multiple jurisdictions.
A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good.
- Ensure correct accounting treatment for the structure in accordance with IFRS, Group financial accounting policy and management reporting principles.
- Work with Operational Risk to document the Operational Risk Framework
- Support the development and maintenance of a robust control environment and adherence to all group financial control and risk policies
- Review of income, balance sheet and risk-weighted assets (RWA) to substantiate balances at deal level and identify any errors or leakage in reporting or booking
- Assist in preparation of metrics and commentary for publication in monthly reporting
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key business stakeholders including the Deal Teams and the COO Office.
- Active discussions with Operations, Tax, in-country Finance and project teams to assist in resolution of operational issues, systems improvements and implementations and ensure consistent booking models are applied globally for the businesses
- Assist Group Tax in transfer pricing reviews on a deal-by-deal basis and assist with ad-hoc tax queries relating to the businesses
- Assist with submissions to Group Finance and Investor Relations as part of half-year and year-end financial reporting and market disclosure
- Contact point for internal and external auditors in relation to the businesses
Chartered Accountant or equivalent certification
Minimum of 8-10 years post qualified experience
Experience in special purpose vehicle accounting preferred
Knowledge of internal SCB systems preferred