Manager, RB Governance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Drive business Operational risk governance
• Work with Retail Banking Risk Framework Owners to identify and resolve operational risks
• Enhance an integrated governance structure for the robust and efficient governance processes in the business.
• Effectively govern the Enquiry and Complaints process and support countries on the same. This includes identification of risks and implementing controls.
• Support the team with preparation of RB Non-Financial Risk Committee discussion pack.
• Help ensure oversight of all open actions and ensure governance framework in place for the management of all open actions with an effective and timely escalation process.
• Support countries on issues and risk resolutions arising from day to day activities, audits, risk reviews etc.
• Support transformational change initiatives by the including group risk owners' initiatives to enable business growth/scalability.
• Support the response to requests for information such as Audit reviews.
• Work with Regional Teams to deliver and maintain optimal global process controls for the delegated Retail Banking process. This also includes end-to-end assessment of operational risk, establishing and maintaining control assurance to manage operational risk, act on breaches, and approve deviations from global process standards raised by the countries.
Risk Management & Assurance
• Reinforce an effective and exemplary risk and control culture and further strengthen the control environment.
• Act to minimize audit failures and take proactive measures to respond to matters arising and identify and manage forward looking risks.
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Maintain standards set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; The Right Environment
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
• Retail Banking Management Team
• RB COO • RB COO Top Team
• Group Risk Framework Owners • Regional and Country COOs, Business Risk Managers
• Provide any reasonable task as required under the direction of the Head - RB Governance to ensure efficient and effective governance.
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Minimum 8 years of experience preferably in Financial Services or Banking
• Good knowledge of Business Risks or Operational Risks with a broad understanding of Retail Banking business.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills - oral, written and presentation.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to make decisions.
• Good business judgment and strong in operational control and risk assessment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .