Manager, Risk Governance & Regulatory Affairs
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 13 Jul 18 2018-07-13
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values We are currently looking for Manager, Risk Governance & Regulatory Affairs. You would be an individual who is well conversant with Capital Requirements Directives IV (CRD IV) which reflects the Basel III rules on capital measurement and capital standards.
1. To review all applicable regulatory requirements (i.e. CRR, PRA Rulebook, PRA Supervisory Statements, and EBA Technical Standards) and identify appropriate line owner(s) for each line item.
2. To ensure that control and assurance methods documented by line owners provide a sufficiently robust control framework to enable effective ongoing compliance, including exception monitoring / reporting.
3. To prepare and maintain the compliance registers, including liaising with line owners to ensure that all registers are documented with appropriate processes and control assurance methods.
4. To review and assess if the controls and control monitoring methods performed by line owners are adequate to ensure compliance with the regulations.
5. To understand the interdependencies between various processes that impact the Bank's compliance with CRD IV / CRR requirements.
6. To facilitate annual attestation and quarterly confirmation by CRO CIB Risk and CRO CB/PvB Risk as Chapter Owners to Group Compliance.
7.To upload latest compliance registers to the and site.
8. To have a discussion with the CRO CiB Risk and CRO CB/PvB Risk every 2 months on the results of control monitoring methods to ensure overall effectiveness of the control environment and whether material exceptions noted are being followed up and resolved in a timely manner.
9. To maintain a record of all relevant supporting documents, including exception reports, emails and status update to Chapter Owner for audit trail purposes.
10. To provide inputs to the Prudential Regulatory Compliance (Credit Risk) report, which is submitted to Credit Risk Committee semi-annually to facilitate senior management oversight on prudential regulatory compliance related matters for credit risk.
11. To facilitate the annual GIA CRD IV audit and Compliance Monitoring Review of the Prudential Compliance Framework.
12. To perform the credit risk Operational Risk Control checks that may be assigned.
Qualifications and skills requirement:
- Bachelors Degree with at least 5 years of experience in handling matters related to CRD IV
- Good working knowledge of banking products and processes