Manager, Support Analyst - Data warehouse, GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 20 Nov 17
Manager, Support Analyst - Data warehouse, GTOThe Data Application Support team is within the Business Technology Services function, supporting the Bank's suite of Business Intelligence (BI) Application Systems. The team is responsible for the production stability of these BI applications and ensuring on going improvements in system availability, supportability & service levels over time.
The successful candidate will be working with Business, Support and Development teams to ensure a high quality service & swift resolution of issues Key Responsibilities
- Provide application support to various business users. Attend to business queries and business requests promptly. Follow through the business requests to a proper closure
- Work on timely resolution for reported incidents so as to meet service level targets. Incidents include failures & queries reported by business users and technical staff; event alerts automatically detected and reported by event monitoring tool
- Perform root cause analysis to identify permanent solution so as to prevent recurring incidents and to minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented
- Ensure all incidents and problems are proactively managed - Prioritizing numerous issues of varying severity and escalate issues as appropriate to necessary teams and management
- Collaborate with the development team in identifying resolutions and transitioning of releases into production environment
- Participate in BCM activities or infrastructure related upgrade
- Responsible of capacity management. To monitor & analyse current performance and capacity data and forecast the capacity required by the applications ahead
- Aside from day-to-day support duties, there will be requirements to undertake other responsibilities such as management reporting & other centrally driven project initiatives as needed
- Degree in computer science/engineering or related disciplines.
- Min 10 years of experience in application development and support environment in business intelligence
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Excellent & proven Incident/Problem Management and organization skills a must
- Individual must have working experience in ETL and various business intelligence tools on Unix/Windows platforms.
- Experience in working with some of these technical platforms or programming languages - Unix, Oracle, and Shell Scripting
- Understanding of Informatica, Oracle, SAS, Qlick, SAP BusinessObject, IBM Cognos and big data platform will be added advantage.