Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Mastercard's best-in-class Global Tax Team ensures compliance with all tax laws and regulations, represents the Company in audits around the globe, supports proper reporting for income taxes under US GAAP (ASC 740) for SEC disclosure, and optimizes responsible tax planning.
The Manager, Tax will be responsible for supporting Vice President, Tax in managing the organization's taxation affairs in the Asia Pacific region. This includes developing and executing effective tax strategies to lawfully reduce effective tax rate and cash taxes, and the smooth integration of acquired businesses.
• Co-leads the Tax integration efforts for acquired businesses in the countries under purview
• Ensures timely and accurate filing of all relevant direct and indirect tax returns
• Implements global tax strategy and partners with internal stakeholders to optimize tax strategies in the context of business objectives
• Supports finance and other business areas with information and advice regarding all tax matters; occasionally redirecting or escalating requests
• Supports transfer pricing documentation and strategic execution
• Executes tax policy, compliance and documentation
• Prepares tax records, reports and other related materials in compliance with tax laws and regulations
• Manages tax audits for legacy and acquired businesses for countries under purview
All About You
• Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant or JD or equivalent certification is a plus Experience operating within an international tax organization, Big 4 accounting firm, or global law firm
• Experience participating in or managing projects for a diverse and international tax organization
• Experience participating in global tax programs interpreting, applying and consulting on various day-to-day tax accounting issues to ensure compliance
• Ability to model and perform analytics to review financial statements, data and scenarios
• M&A due diligence and integration experience strongly preferred
• Proven ability to rely on experience and judgment to lead and manage complex, concurrent projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with tight deadlines
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.