Mandate Compliance Consultant
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
Mandate Compliance Consultant
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
As part of the Singapore based Investment Risk & Analytical team ("IRAS") supporting Asset Owner clients, you will manage client relationships on behalf of the IRAS Mandate Compliance Monitoring service. This will require providing a high level of client service with delivery of the compliance product/reports. You will facilitate training on interpretation & use of compliance product/reports, query resolution, maintaining client engagement and strategic communications delivery
Interacting with internal partners to facilitate delivery of the Compliance Monitoring Service, you will be reviewing work performed by analysts on breach investigation and resolution whilst pro-actively maintaining oversight on accuracy and completeness of the monitoring process, liaising with Compliance systems support or data management to resolve any issues that may arise.
You will work closely with the analyst team providing ongoing training and mentoring to foster a culture of client ownership and providing appropriate feedback to their management team for career development purposes. For all new business, you will complete the guideline review process for the new accounts/clients and work closely with the IRAS Compliance Rule building team to ensure guidelines are built correctly for purposes of the monitoring
- Act as a key point of contact for the client with regards to Northern Trust Mandate Compliance Monitoring service.
- Actively engage with clients to identify needs, solve concerns and proactively seeking opportunities to improve report delivery
- Mentor and provide ongoing training to the analyst teams to improve efficiency and reduce risk in compliance report production.
- Complete the Guideline Review process for new accounts/clients and work with the Compliance Rule building team to ensure that guidelines are built correctly in the Compliance engine for monitoring purposes.
- Work with the senior consultants and product development team to communicate trends in client requirements and increase capabilities of the Compliance Monitoring service.
- Maintain and review client documentation/schematics on a periodic basis to ensure completeness of records.
- Follow, maintain and improve where appropriate all internal audit processes & requirements.
- Work with the Relationship Management team where required to deliver strategic client updates
- Assist on other IRAS projects and sales preparation from time to time.
- Familiarity with various investment styles, asset classes, strategies (where an above average working knowledge of derivatives and exposure calculations is advantageous), coupled with a basic understanding of why clients require Performance, Compliance, Risk products.
- Use of Microsoft Excel to Pivot Table, IF/VLOOKUP formulae level with experience in reading/coding macros an advantage.
- Familiarization with Bloomberg navigation and data fields/outputs available.
- Working background with Compliance Monitoring systems (e.g. NT Compliance Radar, Charles River, Blackrock Aladdin, Mig21, JPM ChaseTRAC etc) and ability to demonstrate understanding of system logic that underpins the guideline monitoring process.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years related trust or investment industry experience where experience in day to day direct client management and working with offshore operations teams would be viewed favourably.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $130 billion in banking assets
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here .
The closing date to apply for this role is Monday 23 rd July 2018 and we will be in touch with an update within two weeks.
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.