Market Data Vendor Manager / Licensing Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Market Data Team
The Market Data team at Goldman Sachs delivers analytics, pricing and reference data, both real-time and historical reflecting all major markets and financial instruments to our internal and external clients.
The Market Data Vendor Management sub-team is responsible for negotiating all data licensing and commercial terms with third party vendors. The team coordinates directly with internal business sponsors on data requirements as well as legal counsel, Technology Risk, Compliance and the Vendor Management Office - to ensure vendor solutions meet firm policies and standards. The role provides the opportunity to identify cost saving opportunities and build strong relationships with all divisions in the Firm while supporting strategic projects. Why join the team?
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications/Experience
- We are a collaborative and global team of 10, responsible for over 400 vendor relationships
- Opportunity to work closely with business stakeholders across all areas of the Goldman Sachs business to understand client requirements and support strategic projects
- We are at the forefront of driving industry change in digital rights and are building a Digital Rights Management (DRM) platform to revolutionize data licensing
- Exposure to a broad array of products as well as many different aspects of the business since market data is a critical enabler for our businesses.
- As the primary representative for Firm, you will be accountable for maintaining the Firm's reputation with our suppliers
- Ownership of high profile Vendor relationships for new contract negotiations, renewals and all other vendor oversight activities
- You will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
Nice to have
- 5 years minimum experience of market data
- General understanding of market data licensing terms
- Experience in vendor negotiation and relationship management
- Confident verbal and written communicator, able to influence and communicate with senior stakeholders
- Able to work effectively and prioritize work efficiently both independently and as part of our global team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience of the MDSL MDM inventory system
- Vendor management, exchange licensing and/or business analysis experience
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity