This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the pioneer batch of hire for this newly created team within Schroders! If you like stakeholder engagement, managing changes and bringing market insights into analyzing the impact on operational processes / workflow, this is the role for you! The Team
You will be working in a dynamic and collaborative environment, with operational teams globally from Singapore, United Kingdom and New York. This role creates opportunities to develop good end to end understanding of the business, as you engage with multiple functions / departments across jurisdictions. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Keep abreast of existing markets' changes and new initiatives, coordinate among BAU teams, to manage impacts.
- Maintain strong working relationship between Operations and its internal/external stakeholders, such as Compliance, Investment, Legal, Distribution & Custodians, etc.
- Support BAU teams relating to both "Run the Business" (RTB) and Change the Business" (CTB) initiatives.
- Assist BAU teams on implementation of controls (applicable to RTB & CTB initiatives), arising from risk events.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of red and high amber Risk Control Assessment (RCA) items, work with BAU teams to identify resolutions for them.
- Escalate potential issues before they become a risk.
- Collaborate with BAU teams, to update the processes and procedures, in compliance with the Group's directives.
- Support the maintenance process for ID Markets eg: India FPI.
- Proactively take ownership of self development, to achieve team's and business's goals.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- At least 3 to 5 years relevant working experience in financial industry.
- Strong understanding of operational processes, risks and controls.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong prioritisation/analytical/problem solving skills and eye for details.
What you'll be like
- Ability to independently track and coordinate multiple projects across change lifecycle.
- Experience with Agile process and PI planning for changes initiatives.
- Experience with process automation and articulating workflows.
- Good with Microsoft applications, VBA, Power BI, Power Automate, etc.
- Able to see "big picture" and align business goals to the job.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Proactive individual, with desire to learn and improve oneself.
- Meticulous, with good attention to details.
- Adaptable and embrace changes.
- Strong team player, who can work independently, within specified deadlines.
- Client focused, strive for service excellence.
- Strong interest in learning and harnessing new technology.
- Pursue a career in operations space within the financial industry.