Has 1 to 3 years of market risk exp gained in banking or commodity firms Exposure to oil and gas products (e.g. oil, LPG ) is useful but not a must Mandarin speaking language proficiency is required as the HQ of the co is in China and there is frequent interaction in Mandarin with China colleagues
Market Risk Analyst with LPG commodity trading firm
- Has 1 to 3 years of market risk exp gained in banking or commodity firms
- Exposure to oil and gas products (e.g. oil, LPG ) is useful but not a must
- Mandarin speaking language proficiency is required as the HQ of the co is in China and there is frequent interaction in Mandarin with China colleagues
Our client is an established LPG commodity trading firm based in town. It is actively expanding and is now hiring a Market Risk Analyst reporting to a seasoned market risk Mgr. For this role, you will do the following job scope:
- Generate timely trading reports for trade (physical and paper)
- Calculate and analyze daily risk report valuations including value at risk, stop loss, portfolio position and credit exposures and assess validity of values given knowledge of portfolio and market change
- Analyse portfolio risk exposure and daily MtM valuation and validation
- Monitor market risk of trading portfolio and hedging strategies
- Prepare monthly PnL report and reconciliation
- Perform stress and scenario analysis
- Deliver insightful reporting and analytics that enable business decision making and commercial growth.
- Assist the mgr on new risk assessment metrics, methods and models that increase clarity on the risks held and improve effective communication to traders and management
- Assist the mgr in the coordination with valuation strategists and quantitative system strategists to develop and implement reliable, efficient and timely risk reporting tools.
- Degree in Finance/Economics/Statistics/Engineering. Added quantitative/mathematical background is useful
- Professional risk qualification will be added advantage but this is not a must
- About 1 to 3 years of market risk experience gained with commodity firms or banks. Strong fresh grad cands may be considered.
- Understanding in trading lifecycle front-to-end and physical/financial instruments (ie. Swap, future, option) will be useful
- Exposure to oil and gas products (e.g. oil, LPG etc) is useful but this is not a must.
- Analytical, detailed and meticulous under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Both independent and a team player
- Positive and has a strong sense of responsibility
- Strong computer skills (Office, VBA, SQL)
- Ability to speak fluent English and Chinese (The Chinese language proficiency is required as the HQ of the co is in China and the candidate has to converse in Mandarin with his/her Chinese counterparts in China)
- Positive with a can do attitude. Hands-on.
To apply, pl send your cv in word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please also include details on your current salary, expected salary and notice period in your cv.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CAP Consulting (EA license: 14C7175)
Caroline Poh (EA Registration: R1105649)