Market Risk Manager - Physical Commodities
- 120,000 - 175,000
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- T+O+M , EA Licence No: R1105397
- 22 May 18 2018-05-22
My client, a leading commodity trading institution with offices in Singapore are currently looking for a Market Risk Manager to help lead a team of analysts.
The desk that you'll be overseeing / leading is well established and producing excellent year on year results. the team has seen steady growth but in need of some leadership.
Reporting to the Country Head in Singapore. Duties and Responsibilities include:-
- Trade capture & reconciliation of physical oil and paper trades (Futures, Swaps, Options).
- Daily position exposure monitoring and reporting to traders, highlighting exposure concentration and hedging
- Daily interaction with Operations staff on various aspects of physical oil logistics, quality and costs.
- Liaising with Financial Control team on accounting matters or trade / cost capture in accordance with company
- guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Execute and manage hedging programs for traders with brokers (internal / external).
- Daily Profit & Loss computation & validating this against market movements or other costs / revenues.
- Daily & Monthly Profit & Loss and working capital movement analysis and explanatory commentary.
- Daily capture and accrual of secondary costs/revenues and periodic reviews of book accrual status.
- Tracking of physical trade movements and notifications and update the relevant trades in the system.
- Ad-hoc trader support and analysis – research and analysis on market structure, spreads, price movements, cargo
- movements, P&L investigations and explanations, etc.
- Review global position & VAR reports to ensure the desk exposure is reflected correctly in the desk and division VAR reporting.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILL
- 8+ years’ experience in Market Risk Management, ideally within a physical commodities trading firm
- Risk management requires analytical, control-focused, organised, diligent individuals, which exhibits a strong work ethic and taking initiative.
- Good communication skills imperative, for liaising with both internal and external parties.
- Able to understand and pick up quickly new working practices and execute tasks with a high degree of accuracy,
- quickly and calmly, whilst under pressure.
- Technology & systems: High degree of proficiency in excel required, with Oil trading and position exposure concepts.
This represents a fantastic opportunity to further your experience within Market Risk and commodities whilst gaining exposure to a range of new risk methodologies, policies and frameworks
If you have the relevant experience & would like to explore this role, please send your CV in word format via the apply link