A Major Private Wealth Bank is looking to fill a junior Market Risk Specialist position. This hiring bank is willing to consider candidates with 2-3 yrs of market risk / treasury risk management experience. This is an opportunity for young risk professionals to get into this job to develop their market risk know-how in the private wealth management space. 4 Key Criterias for this Job: - Some knowledge of market risk management - Knowledge of financial products (all asset classes) - Strong SQL, database programming skill - Strong analytical skills
1. Identify and mitigate any gaps in current practices, processes and policies
- Streamline and tighten existing BAU risk controls and ensure that market best-practices are observed.
- Perform process re-engineering/reviews of processes to improve efficiency/productivity.
2. Liaise and advise Front Office and other relevant stakeholders to deepen their risk awareness and to assist them in the collateral lending portfolio risk management.
3. Participate IT change initiatives and projects relating to market risk.
- University degree, in fields of Quantitative Finance / Financial Engineering, or equivalent
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in market risk (analytics), treasury risk or collateral evaluation.
- Good knowledge of financial products (multiple asset classes) including financial derivatives and structured products, valuation of assets and securities and collateral lending value experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Proficient IT skills i.e. MS Excel/Access, SQL, Bloomberg/Reuters/IHS Markit.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED.