Merchant Services - Applications Support
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 19 May 19
Merchant Services - Applications Support
OurCorporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintainthe technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations,governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrustedwith holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB providesstrategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity inmarkets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
Working in Application Support means you'll use bothcreative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that arecrucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively inteams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: designor programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as theyarise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment,maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologiesand risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to developprofessionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities,including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of application development
- Proficiency and working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages (Python, Java etc), plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
- Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goal
- Research issues escalated from Operations internal alerts, Help Desks, Support Groups and other departments
- Provides accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue
- Documents small-to medium-scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal supervision
- Provides activity, progress and status reports to management and keeps management posted of any critical issues
- Design, document and enforce escalation policies and procedures
- The role requires weekend support requirement and will involve support on Sat / Sun as part of shift based coverage.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one ormore High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems aresubject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and creditbackground checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting theposition and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screeningwill need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment orassignment.
- 8+ years of overall professional experience in a large-scale, high availability, fast paced, distributed environment.
- 6+ years' experience in a Snr. technical analyst or support management role.
- 5+ years' experience in UNIX, Stratus, Control M, Tandem and operating system functionality including submitting jobs and validating data. UNIX administrative skills a plus.
- 3+ years knowledge of Stratus and tandem platforms a definite plus.
- Understanding of monitoring tools such as - Geneos, Splunk, Elk, Netcool, Dynatrace etc.
- Self-Starter with the ability to identify, troubleshoot, and skilled in problem solving and decision making.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and attention to detail in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills with the ability to influence and lead others.
- Ability to interact with individuals on all organizational levels. Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical customers.
- Establishes strong working relationships with team members and across functions.
- Able to work under pressure to resolve issues affecting the production services.
- Knowledge of relational databases, Unix shell scripting such as ksh and perl preferred
- Good knowledge of networking technology preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good project management skills.
- Experience in Payment processing/Cards industry a plus.
When you work atJPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financialinstitution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest techcompanies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologistsdesign, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives tobig data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments,cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annualinvestment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovativesolutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase &Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building atechnology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourageprofessional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a globaltechnology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people andcompanies all around the world, we want to meet you.