Cargill Metals is a Business Unit under Cargill, Inc which is tasked with the trading and processing of ferrous commodities. The Metals Business is headquartered in Singapore with other sales and representative offices around the world. With the recent adoption of data driven approach in credit risk management, we are looking for a credit analyst who has strong interest in developing his / her skills in data management and process enhancement while assisting in regular credit portfolio monitoring tasks in Cargill Metals.
The Credit Analyst, who reports directly to Metals Credit Lead, is responsible for:
Data Management and Process Enhancement
- Participate in discussion for continuous improvement in data structure and data quality for the credit team
- Work with the data team to assist in credit data ingestion and transformation to centralized database
- Contribute in the functionality review and design of existing and new credit dashboards
Portfolio Management and Credit Monitoring
- Perform annual credit reviews for existing counterparties in the portfolio
- Maintain counterparty limit and review exposure to ensure accuracy of credit risk reporting
- Monitor industry and counterparty news for any notable credit events
Credit Risk Analysis and Transaction Recommendation
- Conduct financial spreading and financial analysis for current and prospective counterparties.
- Assist in identifying credit risk in trades and facilitate credit risk discussion with business teams (e.g. traders, business development, structuring and origination)
- Prepare recommendations and credit memos for transaction approvals
This is an exciting role for candidates who wish to gain a holistic view of credit risk management, especially on credit governance process and portfolio management, in a fast moving environment. Relevant on the job training will be provided during the onboarding stage to ensure smooth transition to the role.
- Bachelors degree in any disclipine from a recognized university
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience
- Prior experience working in banks or commodity traders an advantage but not essential
- Intellectually curious, eager to constantly learn and improve
- Proactive in communications and have a strong sense of responsibility
- Strong interest in data management & analytics, and its application in credit risk management
- Comfortable working with numbers and large volume of data, proficient in Excel and/or Tableau
- Basic understanding of programming concept, proficient in any programming language an advantage but not essential
- Good understanding of accounting concepts and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of an additional language (other than English) an advantage but not essential as you will get to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds.