Middle Office Specialist, IBOR and Macro
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Financial Markets Middle Office was set up in 2016 to deliver first class trade support, business enablement and accurate / timely trade representation in order to meet obligations to clients, counterparties and regulators. We are product and process subject matter experts aligned to the Global Financial Markets business providing follow the sun support, a continuous improvement mindset and industry connectivity. Key Middle Office principles:
- Business alignment / Product expertise: Product specialists who understand business priorities and strategy, define optimal solutions leveraging industry leading facilities and influence behaviour through countenance
- Connect: Build bridges across the bank to simplify current operating model, create efficiencies and identify new opportunities
- Leadership and Market presence: Own your domain and influence product evolution, define internal standards and shape future utilities through selective industry positioning
Define the standard to effectively control the T-0 business day; understand regulations, key trends, and external incidents; voice opinions and concerns; protect the bank Strategy Role Responsibilities:
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support for IBOR Project in terms of requirement gathering, testing, co-ordination with Front Office and downstream teams, implementation and monitoring and resolution of any associated issues.
- Support for Rates and FX Trading and Sales Desks - including support for FX, FXO, MM products and Rates Derivatives.
- Own query remediation, trade life-cycling and other day-to-day processing, ensuring timely escalation, in order to minimise risk
- Understand the FX trade lifecycle from front to back and be the subject matter expert and go-to person for the core systems processing
- Drive continuous improvement and innovate:
- Partner with Technology to deliver transformation
- Work with FO to identify booking model improvements and drive efficiency
- Face of Operations to Sales and Trading Desks locally - primary point of contact:
- Insulate FM from post execution processing / queries, represent Operations functions
- Build team profile with the Front Office
- Stakeholder engagement, 2-way flow of information - "Trusted Advisor"
- New business enablement and solutions, partner to deliver strategic FM initiatives
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve global consistency, work closely with the Hubs (GBS) and other regions to close gaps and standardise processes.
- Communicate with clients to solve immediate day to day issues with transactions as well as understand their longer terms needs to shape business decisions in Operations
- Build strong relationship with Hub teams (TCG) to facilitate efficient communications and speedy resolutions of issues:
- Identify and close knowledge gaps within the Hubs through hands on training
- Daily KPI monitoring vs SLA
- Engage with industry bodies and vendors to identify opportunities to enhances processes and systems and drive efficiency
- Be the subject matter expert for MIS, cost-per-trade, touch points per trade - drive their evolution and identify areas to proactively add value through improved data
- Be aware of, and strive to reduce, vendor costs
- Operations representation for external/internal and regulator scheduled audits:
- Ensure Audit points are addressed within time lines
- Achieve regulatory compliance and future proof the Middle Office model through a strong understanding of current rules and anticipation of upcoming regulations
- Adherence to Ops Risk Framework standards of implementation and process management:
- Continuous review of procedures and booking model
Our Ideal Candidate Minimum Qualifications:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- University degree preferred
- Subject matter expert in Rates & FX products in terms of product characteristics, risk, market data and P&L:
- FX, IRS, CCS, Basis Swaps, Structured Rates Derivatives and Futures
- Additionally, knowledge of MM products would be beneficial
- 3 years Financial Markets experience ideally from a top tier bank
- Understanding of front to back process and systems flows
- Analytical and process improvement mindset
- Strong inter-personal skills:
- Confident communicator able to adapt style to Front Office and offshore colleagues
- Ability to influence demanding individuals
- Impact and gravitas to drive meetings with senior Ops and FO management
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and values mindset
- Thrive on working in fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Fast learner with the ability to think out of the box and provide solutions
- Knowledge of Murex 2.11 and 3.1. FX Connect and Sabre preferable
- Proficient in Excel (pivots, lookups and basic VBA an advantage)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.