Mission Control Analyst, Consumer & Community Banking
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovatorslike you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million smallbusinesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services thatcover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending,mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Thisgroup is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobileapplications, digital experiences and next generation banking technologysolutions to better serve our clients and customers.
TheConsumer & Community Banking (CCB) Mission Control Analyst within aProduction Management team is responsible for technical support of productionapplications and infrastructure.
Mission Control Analyst handles all support requests,incidents, issues, tickets and business continuity activities, to ensureflawless and quality delivery of services to end users. This is a critical rolerequiring a highly dedicated individual who can take ownership and provideprocedural and technical support to various teams and work in partnership withinternal/external stakeholders.
TheMission Control analysts will be pivotal as we transform to Agile/DevOps model,some of the areas of work will include automation, monitoring(alerting/logging), deployment and continuous integration working closely withour AD/Infrastructure partners.
Working in Application Support means you'll use bothcreative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that arecrucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively inteams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: designor programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as theyarise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment,maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologiesand risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to developprofessionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths andcapabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of application development
- Working knowledge in one or more general purposeprogramming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages andskills as needed
- Working knowledge of development toolset todesign, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams anddevelop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Strong SME skills in performing deep diveanalysis on Production Incidents. Able to detect, triage, mitigate and resolveany incident individually.
- Ensuresinformation controls, back-up and recovery strategies are in place across allenvironments
- Helpin identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects andactivities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing
- Developand maintain relationships with technical staff, end users and clients
- Carefullyevaluate alternative risks and solutions before taking action to provide timelyresolution
- 8+ years of experience supporting mission criticalapplications in financial services industry.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with leading anddriving incident, event, problem management process for applications.
- 8+years of technical experience in managing distributed applications developedand hosted on JAVA,UNIX,ORACLE/DB2/SQL SERVER environment.
- 2+years of experience in installing, deploying and maintaining applications inCloud (Amazon/Google/Private)
- 3+years of experience in at least one scripting language like UNIX shell, Perl,Python, Ruby or similar.
- 5+years of experience working on applications deployed on web and applicationservers like apache/tomcat/WebSphere and WebLogic.
- 3+years of experience with distributed database and messaging technologies likeCassandra and Kafka.
- 3+years of experience with middleware systems like IBM MQ, JMS, mainframe queues.
- 3+years of experience with configuring and monitoring application criticalcomponents using PMT, log monitoring tools like Splunk, Geneos, Dynatrace, Wilyetc.
- Experiencein Disaster Recovery planning and test execution.
- Knowledgeworking in Scrum/Kanban is a plus.
- Mustdemonstrate the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing tothe team and the customers.
- Mustpossess excellent trouble-shooting skills, and the drive to helpinternal/external customers.
- Mustrequire to support weekend shift with 12 hour shift pattern as determined bythe hiring manager.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire peopleto create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial servicesindustry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professionalgrowth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meetyou.