The Murex S.E.A Internship is offered to those in their final year of study. It is designed to give undergraduates or Master a first-hand experience of what a career in a leading financial software company is really like.
During the internship, undergraduates or Master will get the opportunity to be trained on the Java technology which is a central component of Murex applications as well as the functional modules relating to Front office , Risk Management, Post-Trade Processing and Finance.
Knowledge about the various treasury financial products will be gradually passed on as they work alongside experienced consultants in completing real-life projects.
As a student intern, he/she will be given three weeks of training on the technology as well as business concepts. Following that they will be assigned to a project team. The assignments will evolve and vary based on the intern’s ability. Basic assignments will involve performing non-regression tests as well as validating new functionalities. Advanced assignments will involve full participation in project implementations and client workshop to understand clients’ requirements and propose an end-to-end solution. The most successful interns will advance quickly into advanced roles and will be offered full time positions upon graduation.
- A highly developed and keen sense of teamwork
- The highest standards of integrity and honesty
- Reasonably comfortable in a technical environment similar to those used by our systems
- Curiosity and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts
- A relentless drive for quality which reflects an ownership mentality
- Knowledge of (or strong interest in) Treasury and Capital Markets transactions life cycle
- IT bias: SQL, XML, Unix script
- Strong analytics skills