Networks System Engineer (#TeSa)
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
Singtel is Asia's leading communications technology group, providing a portfolio of services from next-generation communication, technology services to infotainment to both consumers and businesses.
We are a major communications player in Asia Pacific through our strategic investments in regional mobile operators, Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines), Advanced Info Service (Thailand) and Bharti Airtel (India), which has significant presence in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Africa.
This job role is supported by the structured development programme for mid-career professionals under the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) initiative, led by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) in partnership with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG).
The programme aims to provide Singaporeans aged 40 and above with a tech-related job while being reskilled or upskilled. Mid-career professionals will have the assurance of being employed in a paid job while attending structured Company-Led Training for in-demand tech skills. They will also gain experience in a tech role to tap into the good careers that the infocomm sector offers.
For more information on the programme, please visit www.imtalent.sg/TeSAMidCareer Responsibilities:
- Implement security systems
- Implement new enterprise security architecture, technologies and enhancements
- Monitor security systems for strengths and weaknesses
- Manage security systems
- Coordinate ongoing reviews of existing security programs, protocols and planned upgrades
- Oversee cyber threat analysis
- Oversee the identification of security risks and exposures to internal systems
- Oversee the sharing of cyber threat intelligence with security partners, vendors and law enforcement
- Review system and processes so to implement Automation to achieve consistency and efficiency.
- Others tasks
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Network Configuration
- System Integration
- Software Configuration
- Test Planning
- IT Asset Management
- Problem Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Development in Threat Analysis and Defence
- Development in Threat Intelligence and Detection
- Engineering degree preferably in the area of Computer Engineering and Cybersecurity domains.
- Working experience with emphasis on Linux, RHEL, Ansible, Firewall, VMware, Splunk,Tenable and Perl/ Phython/ PHP scripting.
- Redhat/ Ansible Certified Engineer.
- Able to demonstrate passion and willingness to upskill in applied role.
- A strong team player with the ability to pull together various stakeholders to work towards project completion.
- Customer focus and self-driven in engaging stakeholders.
- Good verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- This programme is open only to Singaporeans
To all recruitment agencies: Singtel Group does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Singtel Group employees or any other company location. Singtel Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.